- Candidates must answer four questions taken from any Two sections.
SECTION I: SEX , MARRIAGE & FAMILY
1(a) Examine the manifestations of concupiscence in society today.
(b) What is the church’s stand on the above mentioned manifestations?
2(a) Justify the view that Adultery was unheard of in the African traditional Society.
(b) Discuss the Traditional African values of Bride wealth.
4(a) Discuss the pros and cons of artificial family planning.
(b) As a Christian, what advice would you give to the governments which have legalized artificial family planning?
SECTION B: WORK , LEISURE & MONEY
- “Treat a visitor as a visitor for the first two days the third day give him a hoe”.
(a) What compelled Mwalim Julius Nyerere to utter such a statement?
(b) As a CRE scholar, examine the view that work is a curse rather than a blessing.
- To what extent can the police be blamed for the conspicuously increased strikes and protests in Uganda today?
7(a) Examine the effects of drug abuse in society today?
(b) What Christian advice would you give to a fellow student who is a drug addict?
- “The rise in the cost of living index has it very difficult for Ugandans to acquire money through honest ways!”
(a) How then do Ugandans acquire money these days?
(b) What evidence is there in the Bible to detest such ways of acquiring money?
SECTION III: LAW & ORDER
- “The use of tear gas to quell the walk to work demonstrators is by no means a form of Justice” Discuss.
10.(a ) Account for the increased cases of inferno in our schools and institutions of Uganda.
(b) Suggest ways in which the government can help to curb this problem of inferno.
11(a) Using vivid examples, analyze the forms of discrimination found in society today.
(b) What Biblical teaching can help to overcome such discrimination?
12(a) Evaluate the multiparty system of governance in Uganda today.
(b) To what extent should a Christian participate in the political pluralism of the Country?
*** END ***